We have all been there on a nice weekend looking up diets ad workout programs that we can start up on “Monday”. Come Thursday we have already started the search for a new program or diet because it “doesn’t work”.
No way in hell you will obtain any goal in life with that bullshit mindset.
I am tired of hearing every excuse in the book of why the gym has been put off or you just “don’t have time”.
You might be right in saying, how many people really look like that? Guess what, that shit don’t matter because you are not anywhere close to looking like them or being satisfied with what you are looking like naked.
You like it when women/men get all dressed up for the evening so, why the hell wouldn’t you want to do the same for them?
Oh yeah, that’s right, you are simply put lazy as hell! Don’t sit around and bitch about what other people are doing and become the guy/girl everyone is talking about.
You have to start somewhere and why not right where you are at this very moment in time. You are sitting in front of a computer/phone, find a program that works for you.
First, you have to figure out what motivates you the best. I will give you a little insight of how I stay motivated enough to train clients, myself and still log a full work week.
BE THE JUDGE OF YOUR OWN SUCCESS
Suns Out Guns Out
– nothing is better than walking up to the beachfront or poolside and grabbing the bottom of your shirt and peeling it off with some nice washboard abs paired with a nice set of pecs.
Being an Alpha Male
– We all have that one guy at the gym who wears the same clothing as the “natural” guys. Buff dude walking around in a shoe string Gold’s Gym tank top with lats the size of a minivan.
– You cannot and I mean cannot be that guy who doesn’t fill out one of your tight ass t-shirts. Like I said before, you don’t like looking at overweight females/male wearing leggings and tight t-shirts,
DON’T BE THE MALE/FEMALE VERSION
Strong As An OX
– Hitting multiple sets of weighted pull-ups and dips to go with it, nothing defines strength better.
– BE THAT GUY/FEMALE WHO EVERYONE STARES AT
Feel Good About Who You Are
– Self-confidence can take you down many different paths in life. Look back at all the things that you wish you would have done. Would you have done them with a little more self-confidence? I would put money on it.
– CONFIDENCE LEADS TO SUCCESS
– It doesn’t matter the age, marital status, or salary, your ass hits the gym so you can attract the opposite sex.
– No one wants to be carrying around some hog known as your significant other half.
– Basic human instinct will always lead the way.
Get your ass to the gym and sign that membership agreement and start with your head high.
Supplements are going to be key to your recovery and success. I’m not talking prohormones or test boosters but true and tried supplements. We’re going to stick with the basics here and start off with everyone’s favorite:
PROTEIN (Whey, Isolate, casein)
- For starters, whey protein is considered a complete protein and contains all 9 essential amino acids.
- Help prevent muscle tissue breakdown
- Improves protein synthesis
- Quick absorption rate
- Muscle recovery
- 90% protein
- Little to zero fat
- Complete protein
- High levels of leucine
- Slow digestion
- Great for using when on a diet
- Great fat metabolism
- One of the best quality proteins
BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acid)
- Promote protein synthesis
- Increase cell’s capacity for protein synthesis
- Prevent fatigue
- Retain muscle tissue during dieting
- Building blocks of protein
- Great focus
- Rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream
- Increased ATP
- Increased muscle size
- Increased strength
- Enhanced muscle recovery
- Mental focus
- Maximize your cellular absorption
- Fill any gaps with nutrition
- Immune system health
- Fruits and Greens
- Natural source of energy
- Healthy Heart
- Brain Health
- Immune support
- Improved cognition
- Joint health
It’s never an easy start! You have to remember that you are not doing this for other people (you are in a way) but for yourself. Use those around you as motivation and not as a judging tool. Smashing out these workouts and supplements are not the only piece to the puzzle. Proper nutrition plays a key role in all of this. Sticking with this for a few months will get you on the right path to your desired physique. Make sure you continue to alternate between workouts and with each session you must push yourself to the max.
Following your workout consume 20-40g of whey protein and 20-30g of carbs.
BIG DAWG’S GOTTA EAT
On your off days hit some steady state cardio for 20-60 minutes to burn those extra fat calories right off. If you want to really kick it up a notch, instead of steady state get started on the all illusive HIIT.
I am begging you, please don’t go throwing your own little spin on this. Compound movements elicit the greatest amount of muscle growth so sitting down and knocking out three or four sets of chest fly’s, fucking pointless. You can worry about detail once you have reached your goal and no sooner.