After careful deliberation (read: decided on a whim), I’m planning on participating and completing #NoNothingNovember.
What is #NoNothingNovember?
In a nutshell, it’s giving up 3 vices or negative habits for the whole month, and picking up a positive habit or hobby for the month. It’s dedicating oneself to a month of life changing. Good shit if you ask me, especially when you can find an accountability partner to keep you in line. If not, just do the whole personal accountability and integrity thing. Fortunately, I found a guy from across the ocean who is cool with getting on Skype a few times a week and maintain the challenge.
Without further ado, here is what my game plan for this month is going to look like:
- Excessive drinking. There will be 0 hangovers in November, even with the Marine Corps birthday coming up. At first my game plan was to cut out drinking completely, but after playing DD for an evening I won’t be doing that again. What I’ve found to be the best way to accomplish this is to go out with a certain amount of cash and only use that as well as slamming a glass of water in between every drink.
- Mindlessly browsing the internet looking at pictures of cats and shit. Mindlessly watching televisions shows on Amazon Prime and shit. I have a lot of things I want to get done, but it is hard when I’m wasting life doing nothing.
- I will limit myself to a $50 a week whatever-I-want-to-do budget. This includes everything from eating out to drinking to buying random shit off of Amazon. This will keep me in check instead of swiping my credit card any chance I get.
I know the official challenge is to add 1 thing to work on, but I got a bit of a headstart last week doing a few of these things so I’ll continue doing them as well doing some new things.
- I plan on waking up at 5 am every morning. Funny thing is it is a lot easier to do than waking up at 7:30. This means I have to go to sleep by 10:30 every night.
- Doing 100 pushups/situps/air squats after waking up in addition to going to the gym. It’s a good early morning way to get the juices flowing.
- Limiting food to only meals, no snacking. All I’ve been eating the last few days for lunch and dinner is poverty cuts of steak and a baked potato. Hasn’t gotten old yet, so I’m gonna keep doing me.
- Writing down the next day’s plans the night before. I have all these ideas, but I will never implement them if I don’t start recording and making a plan. On Sunday’s I will do a week-long skeleton preparation for the week and go in depth before bed each night.
- Adding at least 1 post to my blog every day. This will be best accomplished by staying on top of writing everything down the night before, so I have a good game plan for the next day. Since it’s the 1st, this is post 1 of 30.
My accountability partner’s three things he wants to give up are
- No more using his credit card, only cash. It devalues his perception of money.
- No fap. Self-explanatory.
- Not not calling his friends and family. He hasn’t been staying in touch as much as he wants.
And he wants to workout every single day.
What I want to get out of this month is a huge amount of positive habits built up, replacing the bad habits. I’ve read a lot about successful people’s habits, now it’s time to implement them for myself. I could have done this without #NoNothingNovember, but I think it was more of a matter of would.
Let’s do it.
Latest posts by Justin Charnell (see all)
- Top Alternative to Merch by Amazon - June 7, 2017
- If You Read Three Books on a Subject, You’re Probably an Expert - May 24, 2017
- Quarter Every Day: A New Way to Look at Passive Income - May 24, 2017